One year. It's been one year. Already.

Leave a Comment
One year ago today we took Parker to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, UT. What a day that was! We drove to Provo that morning from Rexburg, Idaho, where we'd been spending a last few days with Zach and Angela, Kam, and my sister and her family. We ate his "last" meal at Tucanos, and he loved it! Then we drove to the MTC, parked across the street by the Provo Temple, and took some pictures. Lots of pictures, actually. Gave lots of hugs, and then drove to the MTC missionary drop-off area.

So many emotions hit me. All at once.

  • Sadness: I wasn't going to see my boy for two whole years! 
  • Nervousness: Had we prepared him (physically, spiritually, and emotionally) for this new season in his life? 
  • Gratitude: Our son chose to serve the Lord for two whole years, and was willing to leave his life full of college, work, dating, basketball, and other things he loves behind. For two whole years.
  • Love: Yeah, I love that boy so much!
  • Peace and Comfort: I knew he was doing what the Lord wanted him to do, and he was where he was supposed to be. And I wouldn't want it any other way!
  • And so many others...

I sent Parker a "hump day" package last week and found this awesome poem I just had to include! I don't know who wrote it, but I'd really like to thank him/her anyway (a "Greenie" is a brand new missionary):


 And...

The latest pictures from Parker's mission (thank you to his awesome Mission President's wife as well as his Homeshare Family (some missionaries live with families in some areas)):

Christmas 2013 with his companion


Christmas 2013 with his Homeshare Family

His new Homeshare Family has a dog! He's so excited!

The most recent Zone Conference. He's serving in Riverside again.



The missionaries with February birthdays in Parker's zone.
We are so proud of our boy and the great work he's doing in California. We look forward to what this next year will bring, and are so thankful to have a missionary son!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.