Winter Wonderland--Southern Style

Leave a Comment
This is what we woke up to this morning:

This is how much snow and ice we have. There's a nice layer of ice beneath the snow.
I've always loved how freshly falling snow clings to everything...it's absolutely beautiful! And it's even more beautiful because we get to watch the snow fall from inside our nice, warm home.

Yesterday started out with mostly what the weather app on my phone called "freezing drizzle," which then alternated between snow and freezing drizzle the rest of the day, but the snow didn't stick to the trees like it did overnight. I think today's supposed to be mostly falling snow. Temps will get above freezing for several hours today, but no one is sure it will be sunny enough to melt, and then dry, any of this ice.

We might be school-less again tomorrow.

And today I'm especially thankful we're not one of the 239,000+ people without power, and I'm praying for all those without power and for all the thousands of power workers who are out in the cold working hard to restore power to all these people.

I'm also praying Southern Georgia dries out enough so John can get home in a reasonable amount of time tomorrow.

I don't think he's ready for another night spent in his truck stuck on the interstate. Especially on Valentine's Day. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.