It's That kind of day.

Leave a Comment
It's lightly snowing here in Georgia right now.

This is from about an hour ago. You can't see the ground at all now.

It's so pretty. And peaceful. And quiet.

To fully enjoy this rare type of day, since I just crossed "Submit Article" off my to-do list and I really don't have anything else that I have to do today (which is also quite rare), I need the following:

  • Sweats and fuzzy socks (Wait. I wear those on lots of not-so-rare days).

Check.

  • A cup of cocoa with a 1/4 of a Sweet Stripe thrown in for some minty goodness. (Our Sweet Stripes are almost gone. Why did we not buy more at that after Christmas clearance sale?).

Check.

  • A good book. I'm currently reading this one (I love the movie and wanted to learn more, and I'm enjoying it!):


Check.

  • My favorite fleece blanket

Check.

That's all.

I'm pretty low maintenance.

Unfortunately, John is not enjoying this beautiful snowy day.

He's stuck in this trying to get home from Nashville:


Although he's actually north of here, where the snow is worse. The news just said it's taking people one-and-a-half hours to travel what would normally take about 15 minutes. It took one of our weathermen on our ABC station 2 1/2 hours to get to work (it normally takes him 25 minutes).

I hope John's getting some great stations on his XM radio.

And it looks like his trip to Florida tomorrow is now cancelled. South Georgia is supposed to get even more snow than we are, and since he drives, spending hours and hours and hours on a snowy icy interstate is not really appealing. He thought about trying to fly to Florida for about a half a second. If he could even get to the airport, most of the flights have been cancelled, so he's stuck here.

Which will be really nice since he's been gone soooo much the past few months.

So today I'm thankful for the snow for two reasons:

  • It's beautiful and peaceful and cozy (as long as I don't have to go out in it!).

  • John gets to be home for a few days.

Life is good. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.