Spring Break/BYUI Graduation Trip Part 3: Graduation Day!!!

Leave a Comment
Graduation Day finally came!

Before:

By the sign. Of course.

The four Kelley graduates: Zach, Angela, me, and Kam
Kam
Zach and Angela
We did it!
The Kelleys, minus Parker
Me and Kam. We truly experienced BYUI together, as I went back to school her first semester way back in September 2009. We took some of the same classes, although not at the same time, and it was fun to commiserate together.
Me and John. He has been a huge support these last several years and was my #1 cheerleader. Even and especially when tears and "I don't think I can do this" statements were involved.

With my mom and dad. I'm so thankful for all the support they gave me these past few years while I was in school. They always asked how things were going and offered words of encouragement.

Me and Janine. She was my #2 cheerleader and I couldn't have done this without her!

 In the I-Center:
 

Kailen and me. She put up with a lot having a student-mother. Although we did have "fun" doing homework together!
With my nephew and niece, Riley and Hannah. They are awesome!
During Commencement:

You can see all the teachers walking in with their hoods and doctorate robes. All the graduating students walked in first, and all the teachers lined both sides of the hallway and clapped for all the graduates as we walked by. It was very cool. As we'd walk by Kam's teachers she'd tell them, "This is my mom!" Then they'd congratulate us both and say how neat it was that we were graduating together. That was very cool too. Very cool.

The convocations:

Angela, Zach and I receiving our empty diploma covers. The real diplomas come in a few weeks after they make sure we really did graduate. Angela and I attended Zach's convocation so we could all be together.

A second picture. Hey. I waited 27 years for this! :) We actually have about a hundred pictures similar to this one (John had the camera on continuous shoot so as to not miss anything), but I'll spare whomever is reading this from that.

Empty diploma covers in hand. Not letting go.

Kam receiving her diploma cover. She wanted to attend convocation with her college and fellow classmates and teachers, so Janine went to her convocation and videoed it for us. 
To say that this day was totally awesome would be an understatement. From the moment we started walking into commencement until after receiving my diploma tears were very near the surface. I felt extremely overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude for this BYU-Idaho experience as both a student and as a parent of students. It's an amazing institution and I have learned so much about the world and myself the past few years.

So here's to this new season of life, whatever that may be. But whatever it is, I know it's going to be amazing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.