[8/14/12] I have a little confession to make.

Leave a Comment

I am little bit addicted to the Olympics. Always have been. Always will be. It's a bit of a problem, especially since they're over until Winter 2014.

This is a picture of our TV. Not too bad. Gooooo Gabby!

But NBC must have known that I, and other people like me, would have a hard time going cold turkey once the closing ceremonies were over (which I haven't even watched yet. Still looking for the complete program to be offered online, not just snippets of the complete program. I will be patient), so they're doing Olympics highlights on their sports channel.

Awesome!

So yesterday while I was doing some computer work for John at home, I listened and sometimes caught a glimpse of the Olympics. Yes. Most of it I'd already seen. The Women's Gymanstics All-Around was on, and it was still fun to watch the second time around. And it was even better because I knew what happened so it wasn't as stressful.

I'll watch pretty much any sport offered during the Olympics. I watched a bit of taekwondo on Saturday while I was doing some other stuff and learned some very interesting things. Like the signals the judges make when they either accept or deny an appeal. That sport is intense.

I also watched some synchronized swimming. How do those athletes tread water for so long and get so high out of the water?!

I also caught some trampoline-ing. Oh my goodness. How do they stop themselves with only one bend of their knees? That looked painful.

But I'd say my favorite sports to watch are gymnastics (both men's and women's), swimming, volleyball (both beach and arena), diving, and track and field.

Today they're not showing as many highlights as they did yesterday, so I guess they're trying to help me have a gradual withdrawal.

That is so very nice of them. Although it still doesn't make up for the fact that they fired Ann Curry from the Today Show.

So until the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, start on February 7, 2014, I'll just have to find other things to do besides watch the Olympics. Like graduate from college. And send Parker on his mission. And start a Masters program. And who knows what else.

But on February 7, 2014, I'll be ready!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.