[10/5/11] Wednesday Wellness: Benefits of Exercise

1 comment
Making exercise a regular habit is really a hard thing for most people to do. We're all busy with life and all that entails, and it's easy to move exercise down the priority list.

Regular exercise can have so many benefits, many of which you might not be aware of:


Although the physical benefits of exercise are really important (and they allow me to be able to eat chocolate!), I especially like the psychological benefits. I know, through personal experience, that regular exercise is my sanity saver. It helps me think clearly. It helps me handle "life" better. It really does improve my mood. 

The opposite is true. When I'm not exercising regularly, I don't handle "life" as well. My brain feels fuzzy. I get a bit cranky, and my kids will sometimes say, "Mom, you should go for a run." And I feel tense and more tired.

Exercise doesn't have to be a major deal. Walking is one of the best forms of exercise, doesn't require any special equipment or gym memberships, and can be done throughout the year and at any time during the day.

You also don't have to spend a lot of time exercising to reap the benefits. The experts say that even exercising in 10 minute increments can be healthful.

Another important key is to find something that you like to do.

And remember: Exercise is a "get to," not a "have to." Often this little change of perspective will totally change your attitude toward exercising.

Happy exercising! :o)



1 comment:

  1. thanks for this - always looking for motivation to exercise! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.